Network Communications Systems Technician
Title - Network & Systems Technician
Location - Herbides
Work Type - Permanent
This remarkable business comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defense, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on their extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. The people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
MoD Hebrides Range although part of a business wide Capability team supporting sites across the UK. In this role you will provide engineering and system administration support to ensure the Range trials control and associated IT systems remain available for support to the operation of the site.
- The conduct of planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company engineering policy.
- Real time monitoring and usage of Range systems in support of operational activities.
- Liaison with customer and site engineers to elicit requirements and subsequent installation / configuration of communications and data distribution systems to meet the requirements.
- Configuration and management of network based systems.
- The management of software and hardware system build states.
- Ensuring that data and communications infrastructure comply with the standards as set out in the company engineering policy.
These duties may extend to other sites within the UK business during periods of peak activity
Primary systems include
MS Windows and Linux server based networks dedicated to the real time display of tracking and surveillance radar sources.
CAA approved air traffic communications systems operating on E1 voice networks
Cross site data links utilising E1 and Ethernet networks
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Working knowledge and ability to efficiently configure CISCO IOS and other switch/router systems.
- Ability to configure and interpret SNMP traps.
- Windows server 2003/2008 active directory configuration and management.
- Open Suse / Red hat Linux experience.
- Understanding of E1 voice systems.
* Bsc/BEng or equivalent in relevant Computing/IT discipline
* Full UK Driving License
- CISCO CCNA/CCNP.
* MS Windows Accreditation.
* Linux Accreditation.
If this opportunity looks like a role you would thrive in please do apply before Friday 16th March as this will be the closing date. Any further questions on the position please feel free to drop me an email to arrange a call.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80416322