Teacher of – Italian (Modern Foreign Languages) (Part Time Maternity Cover )
JOB DETAILS: Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages – Italian (Maternity Cover Part Time)
Job Title: Teacher of MFL (Italian)
Reports to: Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Location: Portland Place School
Italian is taught to pupils at KS3, 4 and 5. The successful candidate would be expected to teach all aspects of Italian Language in the school, running extracurricular clubs, essential to have knowledge of examination assessment procedures at GCSE and A Level.
Teaching and Learning:
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons in accordance with the syllabuses of the school and examining boards.
- Teaching the pupils allotted to her/him in accordance with their needs and at the times specified by the school.
- Setting, marking and assessing the work (including examinations) of pupils.
- Monitoring pupils’ progress.
- Reporting on pupils’ progress to the Head of Department or Form Tutor, Deputy Head or Headmaster as appropriate.
- Recording marks and grades according to the school’s policy.
- Attending department meetings and following the Head of Department’s guidelines.
- Keeping abreast of her/his subjects and developing skills by reading and attending courses as appropriate.
- Undertaking the duties of Form Tutor.
- Cover for absent staff when necessary
- Attending and participating in regular meetings.
- Upholding the pastoral constitution of the school; demonstrating concern for the pupils’ safety, psychological well-being, standard of behaviour, appearance, attendance and punctuality.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Essential - Ability to plan and deliver outstanding, exciting and innovative lessons
- Essential - Experience of teaching Italian at KS3, 4 and KS5
- Essential - Ability to lead extra-curricular activities
- Desirable - Excellent and up-to-date subject knowledge
- Essential - A good degree including Languages
- Essential - A PGCE or GTP qualification
- Essential - Creative, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher
- Essential - A passion for languages and for educating children
- Essential - Willingness to participate in and take responsibility for clubs and trips
- Essential - Commitment to working as part of a team
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an
employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way
that reflects the principles of our organisation.