Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for a contractor to work within the R&D mechanical engineering team at our award-winning site in Congleton UK, part of the Motion Control (MC) division. The role will be to work within one of our cross functional team's concentrating on activities to reduce our existing products costs.
We are looking for an engineer with a good knowledge of the injection moulding & die-casting processes to work on cost reduction activities of both piece part costs and process improvements. Experience of using Siemens NX 8.5 is essential, and preferably experience of using Teamcenter.
What are my responsibilities?
Your responsibilities will be in the following areas:
* The engineer will be working within our cross functional DTC (design to cost) team on cost optimising existing products.
* You will be responsible for working with other departments and our supplier to ensure all changes are introduced into the factory without disrupting current production.
* You will be responsible for co-ordinating your activities with the electrical and PCB engineers within the DTC team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Candidates must be able to demonstrate all of the following to be considered for this role:
* Candidates must be competent at using Siemens NX 8.5 CAD software in Part, Assembly and drawing modes.
* Must have a good knowledge of the Aluminium & Zinc die-casting process as well as the plastic injection moulding process.
* Must have experience of designing parts for the above processes and have experience in reducing part costs.
* Must be able to work unsupervised when appropriate.
* Capable of working to timescales, and be flexible and adaptable.
* Must be able to track their progress and report it.
Quality focused with an excellent attention to detail. Capable of working to aggressive project timescales, you will be flexible and adaptable;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Good team player and strong collaborator;
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.