Software Development Apprentice - 05385
Have you been seeking an opportunity to train as software developer? Do you see that an apprenticeship is the perfect way kick-start your career? If this sounds like you, we may just have the opportunity that you're looking for.
Baltic Training and 5874 Design are excited to working together to recruit a Software Development Apprentice in Birmingham.
With over two decades of experience, 5874 are a creative and vibrant business that specialise in Website design and SEO! Working with some of the UKs leading company's including British Gas, they are now seeking a self-motivated individual with experience in wed design to join their talented team of experts.
Working in a team of 5 reporting into the Managing Director and Web Developer you will be trained and mentored to carry out the following duties:
- Working both as part of a team and on your own to complete developments tasks as required
- Building websites using WordPress, Big Commerce, Shopify, Magento & Laravel
- Updating and amending client websites
- Writing and testing code as part of development projects
- Growing your knowledge and understanding of the development industry, keeping up to date with all new company products accordingly
Training to be provided:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development.
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure.
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security.
- Software Development Processes.
- Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic.
- Software Development Requirements.
- Functional Skills; ICT, Maths and English Level 2.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Good team player
- Keen interest in Software
- Passion for software testing
- Experience creating a website
- Experience in using Graphic design software
- Passion and experience in writing code
- Passion and experience testing code
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £192.00 per week
- Full time (37.5 hours per week) 9.00AM - 5.00PM
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
Location and travel.
This role is located in central Birmingham near the o2 institute and is easily accessible via a range of public transport including the 60,59S and 16 bus.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand you knowledge with the links provided!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80396251