Group Treasury Analyst
Michael Page Treasury are recruiting for a Group Treasury Analyst to join a multinational FTSE 250 business, based in Central London.
The Group Treasury Analyst will be working as part of a value add focused team delivering smart analytics and treasury solutions to ensure the Group's Treasury risks are managed effectively.
Further responsibilities of the Group Treasury Analyst include:
- Maintain policies and processes to ensure Treasury risks are managed effectively including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and liquidity risk
- Manage short-term cash position and funding arrangements in order to meet liquidity requirements and ensure placement of surplus cash within approved counterparty limits.
- Execute transactions (by phone or via FXall) to ensure Group and business unit exposures are appropriately covered in accordance with Board approved policies.
- Deliver insight and analysis to support strategic financing decisions, including analytical and financial modelling of the Group's funding requirements, liquidity risks, capital structure and credit rating metrics.
- Assist, and deliver key inputs, in the preparation Board papers on treasury risk and financing issues.
- Manage internal funding, intra-group loans and intra-group guarantees ensuring that required trades are recorded correctly in the Quantum Treasury Management System (TMS) and ensuring that balances are reconciled.
- Execute activities associated with corporate and bank guarantees.
- Maintain the Quantum TMS and ensure that it is an accurate and up-to-date record of all treasury deals.
- Prepare various financial month end reports (covering FX rates, interest rates, mark to market reports and IAS39 effectiveness testing).
- Maintain a bank account inventory and assist with the project to improve the Group's cash management arrangements.
- Propose limits, and oversee monitoring and reporting on the Group's bank counterparty risks.
- Ensure effective operation of controls over end-to-end Treasury processes, and lead an agenda of continuous improvement.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the back office Treasury team based in the Group shared service centre ('GSS') and the Treasury Accountant.
- Actively participate in initiatives to improve employee engagement in Treasury.
To be considered for the Group Treasury Analyst position you require:
- Strong financial modelling skills and good capabilities with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience in Treasury in a large corporate or banking environment
- Experience in dealing with foreign exchange and money market transactions
- Experience of using Treasury Management Systems (knowledge of Quantum is advantageous)
- Insight Generation - Brings financial analysis and insights to colleagues across the business
- Risk & Control Orientation - Understands the importance of control excellence and continuous improvement as a fundamental underpin
- Commercially Led - Supports the business to deliver its commercial objectives through the effective provision of finance services
Educated to degree level or equivalent with an accountancy, Treasury or similar qualification
Skills and knowledge
- First class verbal and written communication skills, able to convey complex concepts in a clear and structured manner
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, in an environment that is fast paced and demanding
- A strong team player with the confidence and ability to work autonomously when required
The package on offer is £45,000- £55,000 plus benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80411533