HR and Payroll Officer
Job Title: HR and Payroll Officer
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Salary: £18,070 - £22,658 per annum
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The HR and Payroll Officer's primary role is work as an integral part of the HR and Payroll Team, providing the central HR and pay function to the Trust, including the following tasks: induction and on-boarding processes for new staff; administering performance management and appraisal processes; payroll administration and input; assisting with the development of HR policies and procedures; and supporting the HR and Payroll Team Leader and the HR Director with case work and organisation development.
The post-holder will have access to and be responsible for confidential information and documentation. He/She must ensure confidential or sensitive material is handled appropriately and accurately.
The post-holder shall participate in the Trust's programme of Performance Management and Continuing Professional Development.
A non-exhaustive list of specific responsibilities for the role is below and you will be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
- Be responsible for all HR and Payroll functions for the schools allocated to the role:
- Lead the on-boarding process for successful candidates once recruitment is completed, to ensure all pre-employment checks are completed in a timely manner;
- Be responsible for the issue of contracts to all staff on appointment to a new role or following a change to their role;
- Record induction training for all new starters and ensure appropriate Induction Information Packs are issued to all new staff;
- Lead the HR input to new staff induction, including new staff briefings;
- Ensure new staff complete the mandatory training programme;
- Create new employee pay records, in line with contracts;
- Ensure all monthly pay input is completed in time for the pay run each month;
- Update and maintain the Trust's employee database (and files) with all relevant employee personal data, particularly relating to contracts, pay and training;
- Maintain staff job descriptions in line with recommendations from appraisals and prior to recruitment of a post;
- Carry out regular audits of employee records and files, analyse findings and make suggestions to improve policies and procedures;
- Provide first-line advice for all queries relating to HR and payroll.
- The ability to communicate clearly and tactfully using appropriate methods and an awareness of the impact of your own communication on others;
- Able to maintain positive relationships with all and able to work as an effective and flexible part of a team; willing to change methods of work and routines to benefit the team;
- Willingness to accept responsibility for your own actions; the ability to prioritise effectively, meet deadlines and accept challenges.
The professional competencies expected of an HR and Payroll Officer are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be flexible in managing and planning daily, weekly, monthly workloads;
- Have very good time management, planning and organisational skills;
- Able to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team;
- Be able to contribute to the analysis of problems and make suggestions for solutions;
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, and use tact, diplomacy and empathy where necessary;
- Committed to providing the best possible service to the staff, governors, students and parents.
The qualifications and previous experience required of the HR and Payroll Officer are:
- Ideally, hold a recognised Human Resources qualification or have equivalent experience or be willing to work towards a CIPD qualification;
- Ideally have at least one year's experience in a HR or Payroll position;
- Have a sound track record of good quality administration and be proficient in ICT database and software systems, particularly Microsoft Office, Access, Excel and Word;
- Previous experience of the MHR iTrent MIS would be an advantage;
- Able to drive, in order to travel to all sites across the Trust.
How to Apply
To apply for our HR & Payroll Officer vacancy, please click apply and submit your most up to date CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80421792