Group Financial Controller
An opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller to join a market leading Media agency based in Holborn. The role allows the incumbent to be in charge of driving governance framework and control processes.
A global leader in the media sector with ambitious growth plans in the medium term.
The Financial Controller will be a key member of the finance team. The role would report directly to the Finance Director and would primarily be responsible for both timely statutory and management reporting for the group, and the group wide financial control framework.
- Production of the Group Annual and Interim Reports and associated information for analysts and shareholders.
- Ensure the timely and accurate consolidation of the Group's monthly management accounts in accordance with IFRS.
- Oversee the management accounts production and identify areas for improvement (London office)
- Manage the day to day cash and working capital requirements. Ensure accurate cash-flow forecasts are produced.
- Provide technical accounting advice to the divisions/subsidiaries as required and manage the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Support the Finance Director in driving a 'best in class' financial governance framework.
- Provide continuous improvement of Financial Accounting and Control processes to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness. You would also be the owner of the Financial Position and Prospects Procedures document.
- Support the development and maintenance of the finance system.
- Be the point of contact between the group companies and company secretary (filing annual returns, annual accounts, forms and other company secretarial matters)
- Manage and develop the accounts assistant, oversee VAT, payroll administration and plc management accounting.
- Manage the year end audit and input into working papers.
- Manage relationships with auditors, company secretary and other external advisors, including banks and taxation advisors.
- In addition, the Financial Controller is responsible for statutory compliance (IFRS/AIM) and assisting with tax planning.
The Financial Controller will also work with the Finance Director as and when needed on acquisitions and/or post acquisition integration and is likely to be a key influence on the implementation of new finance systems.
Qualified accountant with 2 years+ post qualified experience
Excellent technical skills and knowledge
IFRS experience and group consolidation
A growth mindset, willing to challenge the status quo
Working capital management experience
The opportunity to have an influential role in a listed Media agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80421916