VBA RAD Developer, Group PMO
Role Available: VBA RAD/ SQL Analyst Developer
Team: Enterprise PMO, Group Technology
A strong Excel VBA developer with some business analysis skills is required for this role. This role exists in an Enterprise PMO function and you will be expected to be a team player with very good soft skills, the ability to manage your own projects and work well in a team.
The role will largely be development focussed but will also include a significant amount of business analysis. Key responsibilities will be:
- Development of enhancements to existing solutions to introduce new features and functionality or improve scalability and robustness.
- Integrate EPMO tools and processes into existing solutions.
- Assisting the design and production of project portfolio reports
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Consultative approach coupled with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Self-motivated with strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Team player building strong relationships with colleagues in team and business users.Required
- Expert Level Excel and VBA development.
- Expert database and SQL skills including stored procedures.
- Able to adhere to coding standards.
- Interpret and remediate spreadsheets developed by users to reduce process and spreadsheet risk, improve automation and add efficiency.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong documentation skills to support the business analysis component of the job.
- History of delivering high quality global solutions to a demanding user base.
- Experience of the full solution lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering through to implementation and on-going support.
- Familiar with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Experience of developing Select, Update & Insert statements with APIs.
- Exposure to the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) Source Control software.
- Understanding of project management lifecycles, methodologies, governance and frameworks will be beneficial.
- Exposure to financial aspects of managing a portfolio of projects, including cross-charging between projects, teams and business areas.
- Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80413301