Care Home Apprentice
You will be responsible for:
• Assisting individuals with personal care and providing a safe and supportive environment.
• You will support with meal preparation
• Light domestic duties
• Assist with moving and positioning individuals in accordance with their plan of care.
• Interaction and communication with individuals and the ability to monitor the health of individuals affected by health conditions is key.
• Participate in rotas, which may include day, evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working and sleeping-in duties at night.
Must have full drivers license and own transport as this position is in a very rural location with no access to public transport.
Pay rate - £5.00 but will rise to up to £8 once completed the apprenticeship
Personal Qualities :
• Excellent people skills
• Good communication and observation
• Happy to work as part of a team
Skills Required :
To work in Health and Social Care, you will possess the following:
• A friendly and caring approach
• A genuine desire to help people
• A respectful approach to clients
• Patience and a sense of humour
• Team working skills and the ability to use your own initiative
• The ability to follow clear health and safety guidelines
Future Prospects :
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided :
Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information :
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.05 an hour for under 18's, £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for 21 to 24 year olds and £7.50 for 25 years old and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and any training that's part of their apprenticeship.
Things to consider :
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Please note that the wage displayed reflects the maximum hours worked (36) if you work less than the maximum the wage will be calculated at £5.00 per hour.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80408877