To produce accurate and timely forecasts and month end accounts. Working with managers to review performance and closely monitor cost control against budget and forecast. Assist managers with the financial running of their departments in a true partnering capacity
Large growing business based in West Sussex.
- Produce accurate forecasts on a regular basis having fully reviewed revenue and costs with department heads
- Produce accurate and timely management accounts reflecting current performance in line with current forecasts. Including inputting various monthly journals (Accruals, Stock, etc) to fit with the groups accounting methodology.
- Write draft commentary for your P&Ls to be included in the group month end pack
- Provide assistance to the annual budget process, including P&L, Cash and Capital Expenditure
- Balance sheet reconciliation of key accounts to ensure accuracy and reliable accounts
- Monitor and analyse trading performance against budget. Understand and challenge all variances whilst communicating any performance issues
- studying towards a final professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA),
- Up to date knowledge of UK General Accounting Policies.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in a commercial environment
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage tight workloads to deadlines.
- Confident to challenge at all levels of the business where appropriate.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to identify and deliver control and process improvements.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Be methodical, accurate and analytical.
- Excellent communication skills including effectively communicating financial information to non-financial personnel.
- Real commitment to quality.
- Drive and ambition (this role takes energy).
Up to £40,00 + excellent benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80420846