Mechanical Design and Development Engineer / Lancashire
The business are a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment worldwide. They have been established for over 25 years and drive research and development.
As a Design and Development Engineer you will assist in the design and development of new products from conception through to manufacturing and completion stage as well as on-going improvements to the existing product range. This will involve developing and supplying technical drawings to the manufacturing operation as well as liaising with the production team and customers on design related issues. You will also be involved in assisting with research and development and offering a degree of after sales support and customer service.
- Designing innovative components/systems and produce detailed drawings using 3D CAD.
- Providing technical assistance to production as and when required. This includes the production of work instructions as required.
- Maintaining the design of existing products including modifying BOMs.
- Fault finding on existing products.
- Designing and sourcing production fixtures.
- Assisting when necessary in writing and creation of technical manuals.
- Testing and developing new and existing products.
- Researching new components and evaluating for quality and cost effectiveness.
- Identifying potential new suppliers for engineering products and services
- Design of sheet metal, injection moulded and pressings.
- Experience in 3D CAD systems and producing clean sccurate models from concept illustrations.
- Able to produce effective and clear 2d Drawing to enable accurate and reliable manufacture.
- Good understanding of the use and application of FEA and stress calculations.
The role will ideally suit somebody who is equally at home behind a desk producing drawings, designs and documentation as well as someone happy to provide hands-on problem solving when required.
Benefits, Prospects & Training
You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior technical engineers across the business, develop your skills and abilities. If you are looking for a career with an expending global business then this definitely is an opportunity not to be missed so if this describes you then apply now for an immediate interview.
Please don't hesitate to call Elena Craigie on 01606 818154.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80398274