Network Support Analyst
Network Support Analyst
A well-known investment bank in the city is looking for a network support professional to join the 2nd and 3rd line support team on a contract base.
GTS (Global Technology Services) is one of the European financial sector's largest shared service centres for IT infrastructures. These IT infrastructures include, Workstations (PCs, telephones, messaging systems, Computing centres that host the Group's servers (Datacentres) and IT and telecom networks.
Within GTS the Housing & Connectivity Services (HCS) department ensures that Datacentres, buildings and network connectivity where this role operates, focusing on Network Support.
Purposes of the role is:
- To provide L2/3 network support dealing in all aspects of networking and security.
- Support Data & Security Networking services in accordance with the required level of performance, availability and security for approximately 3000 users.
- Administer and update diagrams, processes and administration / monitoring tools
- Become a part of support rota between the hours of 7am and 6.30PM UK time weekdays.
- Be available for out of hours and on-call work.
- Administer Monitoring tools (PRTG, Solarwinds, CA Spectrum) for network supervision
- Administer Reporting tools (Netscout, Corvil) to provide KPI, reporting and capacity planning.
- Administer In-house admin tools (Perl, PHP, Shell, MSSQL) to enhance monitoring efficiency.
- Maintain and creation of processes and diagrams
- Documentation enhancements.
- Work closely with L1 team ensuring correct processes are being used and updated as expected.
Competencies you will need:
- Strong expertise in a wide array of networking technologies mentioned below – CCNP strongly preferred
- Working knwoledge in the financial sector with familiarity of exchange connectivity, Market access and Market data networking.
- Switching (RSTP, VLAN’s, FEC)
- Routing (OSPF, BGP, VRF, EIGRP)
- Working knowledge of OTV, VDC, VPC, ACI...
- Monitoring tools (CiscoWorks, NSM, Cacti, NetScout, Corvil)
- Remote access, Proxy services, load balancers (Cisco Secure, ACE SecurIDs, Citrix Netscaler)
- Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Firewalled DMZ environments
- WiFi technologies
- Ability to dissect an incident/issue in a logical manner to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Familiarity with ITIL based “best practices”- Problem management, Change management, Service Desk, etc.
- The candidate should be client-focused and constantly conscious of the need to serve our key clients (trading floor). The candidate should also be “support-minded”, taking personal ownership of problems, working with other IT teams effectively to find lasting solutions to problems
6 month sinitally (rolling)
350-400 per day
Working hours are between 7am-7pm, (8 hours within these rota)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80399526