Property Client Accountant
Property Client Accountant - Commercial Real Estate - 9 month Contract. Our Client are an established firm of Chartered Surveyors who offer services to clients nationwide, these services include property management, acquisitions, dilapidations and much more. The company have a small, close knit working environment and a friendly atmosphere. They work in a busy commercial and thriving office and are now recruiting for a Client Accountant to join their prestigious accounting team on a 9 month contract.
The Role: Reporting to the Head of Finance, the position will include the following:
- Raising rent, insurance and service charge demands to tenants.
- Performing bank reconciliations for commercial client accounts and sub accounts.
- Processing and coding purchase invoices and making payments.
- Performing service charge balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing quarterly client statements.
- Preparing annual service charge budgets or setting up of the first service charge budget for property managers to check.
- Reconciling quarterly and annual service charge budgets and all related property / tenant processes.
- Liaising with clients and accounts in respect of the quarterly client statements.
- Ensuring the provision of accurate, timely and effective accounting information to all parties.
- Ensuring the integrity of accounting records and controls in line with RICS accounts regulations an HMRC.
- Issuing quarterly or monthly demands.
- Producing monthly /quarterly client statements.
- Monthly VAT reports and checking that they reconcile with VAT figures to client statements.
- Calculating excess of VAT on services paid/collected.
- Monitoring and requesting funds or withholding rent with client permission.
- Assisting with credit control and chasing tenants for outstanding payments.
- Recording tenants receipts and daily transfer of rent to clients.
- Setting up tenancy records from leases.
- Maintaining tenants deposits account.
- Maintaining sinking funds accounts.
The Person MUST have at least 2 years' client accounting/service charge accounting experience preferably in the commercial property sector and MUST be proficient in using a property management system such as TRAMPS or QUBE. The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills and by nature be numerate and a great communicator. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a small team environment, has the ability to work accurately in a pressured environment to join an established company. The applicant must be available to start at the end of April for 9 months.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80417230