An excellent opportunity has arisen to lead our Actuarial Reporting team within the Reserving team in Fareham. As the head of the team, you will assist with reporting of actuarial work, and help communicate the financial risk and its consequences – all of which are fundamentally important to our business - with senior UK Actuarial and Exec-level exposure, on a day-to-day basis.
Using analytical and mathematical skills, you’ll work alongside some of the most talented qualified actuaries, as well as liaising with other areas of the business, including Finance and Underwriting.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Group and regulatory requirements.
- Clearly highlight, document and explain any assumptions made in submissions.
- Provide support to the UK P&C Chief Actuary with reporting and communication of the results.
- Assist with the production and discussions around the business plan.
- Provide technical advice and counsel within the Actuarial team and to the wider Finance team, when required.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Support and advise Finance, market-facing business units, and other functions on reserving and strategic business decisions.
- A qualified actuary with post-qualified experience, ideally with experience in regulatory (incl SII) reporting, finance bookings.
- A strong team leader who is able to manage multiple stakeholders across the actuarial team, the UK business, and contacts at the regional office and at Group.
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics or equivalent
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Able to cope with change
- Able to manage and meet deadlines and work under pressure
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80414390