Accounting and Finance Intern
Accountancy & Finance Internship
Are you seeking a company that will offer you rewarding, challenging work and a chance to make a difference? Then you should consider Illumina's iAspire Internship Program. Our mission? To help improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome.
We have established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies through our focus on innovation, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. We currently facilitate a myriad of processes in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
Each summer, dozens of undergrad, Masters and PhD students embrace these internship roles globally. Our 12-month program, iAspire, focuses on meaningful project work, professional and personal development, in addition to providing networking opportunities.
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning—to an exponential degree. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world will ignite the same passion in you that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations.
Scope of the internship:
- You will gain broad finance experience supporting the general ledger and tax teams in the region
- Assisting the general ledger team with accounting for the UK and European entities
- Working with the external auditors to resolves queries to complete the financial statements of EMEA entities
- Support with bank reconciliation and resolution of queries
- Support for continuous improvement projects
- Provide audit support as well as compiling breakdown of information for tax packs for all entities
- You will learn how to review and update process flows
Preferred background & qualifications:
- You would be a university student, preferably achieving at least a 2:1 level in an Accounting / Mathematical based degree
- Who possess' the strong analytical skills that will be required for both technical queries as well as processing large amounts of data.
- It is essential you are able to learn quickly and research issues to deal with the wide range of topics.
- Experience with spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel) is preferred.
- You are able to demonstrate effective communication skills.
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Capable of meeting strict deadlines
This role is located in Granta Park, near Cambridge, UK.
The Selection Process:
Once your application has been submitted, our dedicated recruitment team will perform an initial review, and then contact shortlisted individuals via telephone, before inviting you to complete a digital, video interview. The culmination of our selection process is for the finalists to attend an assessment day at our offices in south Cambridge.
Reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed to applicants invited to an assessment day.
Please note eligibility to work in the UK is a requirement to participate in the iAspire program.
For more information on iAspire, please visit www.illumina.com/iaspire
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80414402