Systems Engineer x 2
Systems Engineer x 2
System development on new video management, display and mission computing products for avionic and defense applications.
- The successful candidate will use their skills in software and electronic design
- As a COTS military supplier, our products are low volume and specialized and ownership of the design from requirements through to manufacture is a key part of the role
- System integration and design verification testing
- Provide technical support to production
- Develop system test environment, infrastructure and equipment where necessary
- Attention to detail to ensure system requirements are met
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Work as part of a small multi-disciplined team of engineers
- Experience of hardware design both analog and digital
- Experience of software design in C and ideally C++, scripting languages also valuable
- Experience using Linux, VxWorks a bonus
- Experience with VME and VPX busses an advantage
- Experience in Environmental testing and qualification procedures
- Experience of working on military or avionic computer systems is an advantage
- Technically aware and keen to learn new skills
- Ability to make sound judgements
- Able to work both as part of team and alone
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write good quality project and user documentation
- Adaptive and open-minded to new skills and approaches
- Problem-solving abilities to address complex hardware/HDL/software interactions
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering-based discipline
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition opens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions, a division of Curtiss-Wright, is an industry-leading supplier of sophisticated electronics products. We are recognized as one of the most innovative designers and manufacturers of highly engineered systems built to perform reliably in harsh conditions. With design and manufacturing facilities located across North America and Europe, and sales and support teams located around the globe, we are uniquely positioned to satisfy the most demanding engineering challenges.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80402914