Wincanton is currently seeking a talented Management Accountant to join an exciting new transport contract in our General Merchandising Business Unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for budgeting forecasting and flex models, plus reporting on cost implications of these. They will also drive and support Continuous Improvement Initiatives across the contract.
This role will be based in our Worksop site with regular travel required to the site in South Wales.
- Delivery of accurate and timely Management Information for all levels of the contract in a standard format
- Delivery of the budget and forecasting process
- Support the Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives
- Ensuring compliance to group policies and procedures
- Supporting the Management Accounting function
- Providing Ad-Hoc information
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Qualified Accountant, CIMA,ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience of transport logistics budgeting and accounting
- Outgoing personality, willingness to engage with the wider team
- Strong system / Excel skills
- Analysis of KPI reporting, identifying areas for improvement / Change
- Ability to simplify process and reduce waste (non value added activities) from the accounting process
- Understanding internal control systems with the ability to implement change
- Ability to influence across the contract, with good communication skills
- Willingness to be first port of call for CI savings, generating a true customer service environment
- A strong drive for results
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills
- Good process management, understanding the implication of process changes to the financial management
- Ability to take the correct decisions and understand when to refer of take action
- A strong team player both within finance and the wider contract
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80415705