Finance Business Partner
Act as a business partner to the relevant business manager. Lead local controlling teams to optimise financial performance within an assigned division/business unit/product group/factory/site. Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analysing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions
1. Strategy - contributes to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Services as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook
2. Business planning and forecasting - translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local Division Manager. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions
3. Business performance and decision support - monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues, and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimisation, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital
4. Risk management - identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executes risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimise commercial and financial risks and exposure
5. Financial reporting and business information - establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules
6. Internal controls and compliance - ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits
7. Communication with internal stakeholders - ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility
8. People leadership and development - ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organised, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect within HR policies
The company specialise in delivering high value, low risk, Engineering and Service Support Solutions to Automotive Test Facilities and Industrial & Marine market sectors.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80408227