Crypto Security Engineer - DV Cleared
Crypto Security Engineer - Permanent - London or Gloucestershire - £35,000 to £53,400 per Annum
- Be accountable for all cryptographic items held on behalf of customers - ensuring all handling, movement, audit, accounting and incident management processes meet customer requirements and HMG crypto policy.
- The role will require you to work closely with project and delivery teams to understand their cryptographic requirements, thereby enabling them to meet customer requirements.
- As Crypto Custodian you will work closely with Custodians in HMG Depts and Agencies as well as the UK Crypto Authorities to ensure the company meets its wider security obligations with regard to crypto management.
- The role will require you to create and implement processes to ensure the safe and appropriate handling of crypto material throughout the organisation.
- You will need to approve, train and advise crypto handlers on how to discharge their duties, devise audit schedules and any subsequent security management and risk treatment plans.
- A Crypto Custodian does not operate in isolation and you will need to understand and support the wider protective security regime with a particular focus upon physical and operational security.
- Recognised qualification or accreditation in field of security specialism.
- General HMG protective security experience in at least one Information Assurance or Protective Security discipline or control area
- Experience of UK and International handling regimes.
- Handling of crypto material, experience or willingness to learn
- Experience of HMG and international site visit procedures and protocols
- Excellent record keeping and use of MS Office products for this purpose, particularly SharePoint
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, face to face and using e-communication tools
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Previous experience in the role of Crypto Custodian, Deputy Custodian or Crypto Handler.
- Previous experience of HMG and international site visit procedures and protocols
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80392263