Market Risk Analyst
Due to the ever changing nature of the financial services sector and the wider economic environment it is imperative that senior management and the Board is able to assess the Society’s resilience and exposure to potential interest rate and market shocks.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Market & Liquidity Risk function. The team works closely with key stakeholders from across the business to provide oversight and challenge around the measurement of risk and the effectiveness of risk management techniques.
As the Society’s Market Risk Analyst, you will be required to use bespoke software to model shock stress scenarios and then report upon the results to senior management and the regulator.
Using your excellent interpersonal skills you will build relationships with key business areas – Group Treasury, Capital Reporting, Products, Finance Business Partnering, and Business Information.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a business critical team, which will give you a huge insight into how a Building Society operates. If you are an analytic and pragmatic individual, comfortable dealing with other stakeholders and working with large data sets, please read on…
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet café
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
- Providing oversight and challenge of the management of interest rate risk and other market risks across the Skipton Group;
- Analysing, interpreting and manipulating large data sets and presenting findings to senior stakeholders in a clear and straightforward manner;
- Using bespoke software to produce, analyse and report up key interest rate risk measures to understand the effectiveness of risk management;
- Working with the business to understand how decisions made impact the level of risk to which the Society is exposed and also how this risk can be managed;
- Reviewing and challenging business planning assumptions in relation to base forecasts and expected customer behavior;
- Contribute to the business-wide stress testing undertaken by the Society.
- You must have an analytic mind and be comfortable manipulating large, diverse data sets and presenting them to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- You must be curious and keen to learn.
- Experience using Excel to manipulate data and present your findings is essential.
- You ideally will have a good understanding of the economy and how external events may impact us.
- Experience using complex models is beneficial.
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is an integral part of our core values providing a solid foundation from which to foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to fulfil their capability and potential. Our flexible working arrangements can help you achieve a balanced lifestyle. We’re happy to discuss your requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80406285