Technical Services Manager
Facilities Management Role in Glasgow
Excellent Facilities Manager Opportunity
Your new company
Is a very well established company seeking a Facilities Manager to be responsible for ensuring that a diverse supply chain delivers all Planned Maintenance, Inspections, Works and Services in accordance with the statutory requirements. Based just outside Glasgow, the role will report to the Head of Site Services and will have line management responsibility.
Your new role
The vacancy is requires candidates to deliver a range of duties, these include -
* Reviewing planned maintenance programmes to ensure that they are compliant with the contract and providing feedback where gaps are identified.
* Ensure that all work carried out by the Suppliers and internal team is performed as per the maintenance schedule strategy and in accordance with all statutory requirements.
* To ensure that all Statutory Inspection documentation is document verified as defined by the requirements of the contract and any failures are highlighted and rectified by the Supplier or Internal Team.
* Provide focused and user friendly management reports to stakeholders on the progress of the maintenance deliverables, this is to include highlighting areas of non-compliance and identifying trends.
* Attending project pre-starts, progress and handover meetings (CAPEX & SP) as required.
* Updating the Asset register and planned maintenance requirements following completion of project handovers and ensuring Service Change Requests (SCR) are raised as and when required.
* Ensuring effective management of all planned preventative maintenance activity within the defined areas including tracking the suppliers statutory, legal, planned and remedial maintenance tasks to completion.
* Assessing the performance of all site assets, with regards to the maintenance strategy, and ensuring optimum performance is achieved at the lowest operating cost whilst maintaining the operational integrity and life of the assets.
* Providing technical advice to other integrator functions, including advice on urgent reactive jobs, cost enquiries and complex building service solutions
* Being a stakeholder in client shutdowns and liaising with other stakeholders and suppliers to ensure that all planned work is completed within the required timeframes.
* Provide well thought out solutions to problems that arise as part of the maintenance service delivery
* Identify, communicate and manage improvement opportunities including highlighting cost saving initiatives that represent value for money.
* Reviewing the Supply Chain's Key Performance Indicators and providing feedback on mitigation and judgement on whether they have met the required client standard.
* Assisting with the tendering process for new suppliers; including reviewing and providing feedback with regards to contractual documents (Specification of Requirements, maintenance requirements etc.) and providing feedback on RFQ (Request for Quotation) and PQQ (Pre-Qualifying Questionnaires) documents.
* Assisting with the mobilisation and exit of Suppliers
* Ensure the adoption of HCP Quality and HSE policies and procedures throughout the area of responsibility
* Ensure compliance with HCP management procedures and processes including the code of business conduct Core competency requirements/Person Specification
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates should have a successful track record of delivering Facility Services to include Hard services, H&S, and statutory compliance. Importantly you will have experience in staff/contractor management. In addition you will have experience of management systems, MBIF, IOSH and NEBOSH.
* Excellent communications skills and able to communicate with internal and external customers
* Commercially aware with good negotiating skills
* Excellent client facing skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels
* Ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team to meet objectives
* An eye for detail and technically minded
* Ability to adapt to change
* Experience of managing planned preventative maintenance for hard services within commercial or government asset portfolios
* Experience of managing and working with a diverse supply chain
* Experience in planning programmes of work for maintenance in accordance with the client's requirements and identifying gaps in the maintenance strategy
* Experience of managing outages effectively
* Experience of managing safe systems of work and permits
* Proven track record in the management of asset data bases
* Experience of managing Health, Safety and Environment management systems
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience of attending project pre-starts/handovers in a client capacity as part of a soft landings approach
What you'll get in return
This position offers candidates the opportunity to work at a high profile site, the challenge of delivering an excellent standard of work whilst developing your own skills and experience. The position offers a attractive salary and benefits package. To find out more please contact Alasdair Reid on 0141 212 3661
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80410284