Technical Team leader (Engineering) 12m FTC
Technical Team Leader - 12 month FTC
(Absence, Sickness & Holiday cover)
Do you have a qualification in engineering? Are you an effective team leader? Do you take pride in maintaining high standards of Health & Safety in the workplace? If so, then this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
Our client, a leading drinks business based in Renfrewshire, is seeking an experienced Technical Team Leader to join them for a 12 month Fixed Term contract. Predominately this role will be required to provide ASH (Absence, Sickness and Holiday) cover for the Technical Team Leader population across their bottling halls. Your role will be to lead a team of Technicians to deliver a step change in Engineering performance of an operational area to ensure operations achieve the required performance levels of bottling plant including line efficiency, yield, product and packaging quality in order to meet business needs and customer expectations.
You will be responsible for managing and leading up to 20 electrical and mechanical Multi-Skilled Technicians while providing cover across a number of areas and shifts. Your role will provide front line manufacturing technical support to significantly improve engineering performance, working closely within the CELL principle. You will also take ownership for effective planned preventive maintenance, corrective repair, documentation, project related work, continuous improvement, equipment modification overhaul and replacement and other initiatives within your area of responsibility in support of the manufacturing operation.
In your role as Technical Team Leader, you will be an integral part of a team reporting to the Engineering Team Manager, with some of your key responsibilities listed below:
- Improve engineering effectiveness through the introduction of key performance indicators, improvement plans including but not limited to the following aspects of bottling performance, identification of bottlenecks, downtime, major downtime learning logs, planned maintenance, line changes, changeovers, product integrity, root cause analysis, start up and shutdown and lubrication.
- Support and develop your team within Performance for all reports.
- Assist in the Identification of personnel and technical training needs for you and your reports against the competence.
- Provision of Revenue and Capex budgets for your area of responsibility.
- Manage and control revenue and CAPEX spend for your area of responsibility to agreed budget levels
- Continually review and administer engineering systems, procedures and maintenance practices in support of your area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation is available, used and kept up to date in your area of responsibility (C/O documentation, Zero Settings, PM schedules, Line Stop Protocols, Fault Action Reports etc).
- Ensure that critical spares availability and routine requirements are identified and communicated to Maintenance Team Leader.
- Ensure that OEE is integrated into the engineering activity and understood and used by all.
- Establish work ethics and housekeeping standards for your area of responsibility in line with a flagship site within a World Class Manufacturing environment.
- Ensure CMMS (E1 - EAM) use is fully understood and in use by your team to provide appropriate feedback and measures of engineering effectiveness and efficiency (personnel and equipment).
- Develop your area of responsibility towards an asset management approach to plant and equipment within engineering for CBL.
- Take the lead in ensuring that your area of responsibility complies with all health, safety, environmental, product integrity, quality and risk management engineering requirements.
Our ideal Technical Team Leader will:
- Ideally qualified to HNC level in an engineering discipline, may consider applicant with suitable and relevant experience.
- Ideally holding a management qualification, may consider applicant with suitable and relevant experience.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver a significant improvement in performance, including prioritisation, coordination of short and long term activities and targets.
- Be a self-starter to continually challenge the status quo and drive for continuous improvement.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of bottling plant and equipment.
- Proven fault diagnosis and investigative skills with a structured approach to problem solving.
- Able to apply coaching techniques and processes to train and develop others in the fields of manufacturing improvement, problem solving and diagnostic techniques.
- To know, understand and effectively use asset management systems.
- Know and understand health, safety, environmental legislation, product integrity an
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80397287