Assistant Retail Manager, Aladdin London
We are looking for an Assistant Retail Manager to provide assistance and support in the management of all on-site aspects of the merchandising business for the Aladdin London production. You will manage daily sales floor operations to meet sales, budget and performance goals and provide training & development for all staff including new starter induction, probation and ongoing performance management. You will provide consistency in management through duty management, effective communication and working towards shared goals.
We require a confident and proactive individual with relevant retail experience in the desired role including successfully working independently to manage their own areas of responsibility.
This role requires the ability to manage staff in a positive, professional & service driven environment that fits with the Disney Experience; whilst driving sales & operational results.
This is a Full Time position working a minimum of 40 hours a week, on an initial one year fixed term contract. Flexibility in working hours is a must, including evening & weekend availability.
- Creating a positive and driven work environment.
- Manage daily sales floor operations including: Get Magical incentive, daily team brief planning, promotions/incentives communication, visual merchandising, guest service, kiosk & till maintenance, stationery & supplies, signage and training.
- Identify opportunities for increased sales & profit and communicate appropriately. Proactively assist in implementation of initiatives, ensuring commitment from others.
- Provide relevant formal & informal feedback on staff performance based on personal observation, escalating when necessary. Celebrating successes at all opportunity and identifying areas of capability or conduct issues. Provide relevant documentation of performance feedback to Retail Manager and communicate effectively.
- Assist Retail Manager in Quarterly Review planning and implementing Performance Reviews.
- Effectively delegating responsibility to Supervisor and relevant Cast Members, ensuring tasks are completed to the required standard. Managing development in others.
- Assist in inventory management through sales floor operations, stock movement tracking and providing an appropriate working environment.
- Deputising for Retail Manager when absent, taking on the appropriate responsibilities of that role and ensuring consistency in management.
- Ensuring all staff follow the set policies & procedures in all areas whilst Duty Manager or deputising for Retail Manager when absent.
Ideally what we need:
- Proven relevant experience in a retail/theatre environment
- Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Leadership - Motivation, Development, Delegation, Time Management & Prioritisation
- Collaboration - Building Relationships, Managing Conflicts
- Communication - Verbal, Written, Presentations, Meetings, Feedback, Record Keeping
- Business Management - Decision Making, Problem Solving, Sales & Financial Analysis, Opportunity and Risk
- Personal - Adaptable to change, Self-Motivated, Emotional Intelligence, Flexible in working hours
- Visual Merchandising
- Performance Management
- Inventory, Stock & Cash Management
What we offer:
- The opportunity to build a career at one of the most recognisable brands worldwide
- A fantastic team environment to grow and develop in
- Competitive remuneration
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to continue to build on their skills whilst gaining experience of working in a fantastic environment. If you possess the capabilities that will help us achieve our goals and you think you have what it takes to come and work for us, apply now.
Deadline for applications as Sunday 18th March. Interviewing w/c 19th & 26th March
Applicants must have full right to work in the UK. Any job offer will be dependent on a background and reference check.