Operations Director (Education & Children's Services) - Home Counties
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced leader to lead our team in the home counties. We are looking for candidates who have a background in children's services, education or a related sector.
The ideal candidate will have strong people skills, be innovative and creative and will have worked in a senior management role previously.Duties include:
- Lead a portfolio of services for young people with a turnover of £5M plus
- Provide vision, professional leadership, management and direction for the services, driving continuous improvement and innovation through the site leaders, promoting high quality standards of service to the young people, in line with our regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that key deliverables on quality of your services, on employees well being, recruitment and retention and on the performance of each of your sites are met and exceeded.
- Provide strong and effective commercial and financial leadership and insight, ensuring costs are well managed and revenue budgets are exceeded, in order to sustain continued investment in the service, and to drive growth. This will include responsibility for acquisitions and bids within the area covered by the role.
- Develop effective relationships, at all levels across all relevant stakeholders; to include local authorities, Industry and internal colleagues, other professionals, regulators, children and parents/carers. To use these relationships to develop and grow the service and to meet and exceed census targets.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of relevant legislation/statutory requirements and frameworks associated with mainstream and SEN education as well as children’s homes.
- Must be fully conversant with safeguarding protocols and with relevant Health and Safety legislation, and with current care practice and theories.
An innovative, inspirational, confident leader with previous experience in a leadership and multi-site management role in Children’s Homes/Services is essential. You will be able to demonstrate experience of improving provision, you are an enthusiastic and resilient leader who has the drive, ambition and high standards to build on our achievements and further develop all of our delivery to a position where it is recognised as ‘best in class’.
You will have the highly developed interpersonal skills required to act assertively across a range of situations and with a variety of audiences both internally to Managing Director level as a norm and Board level on occasions and externally with senior individuals from local authorities, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders. You will also have the ability to facilitate and co-ordinate virtual teams as well as developing positive proactive relationships with Registered Managers and the drive to ensure high quality and performance in the services.
In return for your integrity, experience and dynamism we offer you the opportunity to work with a passionate leadership team that is wholly committed to maximising opportunities for our amazing young people and equipping them to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
You will be expected to combine home working with regular site and central office visits. Some overnight stays will be required. Will be required to join an on call rota of senior managers.
Along with an attractive compensation package, which includes a car allowance, a generous annual leave entitlement and a bonus for meeting targets, we can promise you an excellent induction, fabulous networking opportunities, ongoing professional development, support from Regional, Quality and other teams, and the kind of prospects you would expect from the market-leading Priory Group.References
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 5 years.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
If you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.Disclosure Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80403492