Purchase Ledger Clerk
Page Personnel are currently recruiting for an excellent business who are based in Leeds who have an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team on a temporary basis with an immediate start.
Page Personnel are currently recruiting for an excellent business who are based in Leeds who have an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team on a temporary basis with an immediate start. The business has recently gone through large growth subsequently needing extra assistance within the finance team. They have excellent on site facilities with free parking too.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk you will be reporting into the Finance Manager.
Duties will include, however not be limited to;
- Ensure efficient and effective, "right first time" processing of supplier invoices into the General Ledger.
- Ensure that all supplier balances on the accounting systems reconcile to supplier statements.
- Matching of invoices to Purchase Requisitions / Purchase Orders, and goods & services receipting.
- Ensure that invoices are properly authorised and coded.
- Responsible for resolving matching and payment issues as they arise.
- Measurement of performance through metrics and key performance indicators (e.g. ageing of supplier balances, invoice processing turnaround time, % invoices matched first time to Purchase Requisition / Purchase Order. Etc.)
-Ensuring that payment of invoices and expenses are in line with Accounts Payable policy, (e.g. not too early and not too late).
-Ensuring other company policies are adhered to (e.g. expenses policy, approval matrix, financial guidelines, etc.)
-Working and liaising closely with the general ledger team, and other appropriate teams.
-Required to accurately record and control a large number of invoices and payments whilst working to tight deadlines
- Have held a similar position previously - Essential
- Be immediately available or on a 1 weeks notice - Essential
£19,000 - £20,000 annual salary equivalent + weekly pay available + long term temporary position + immediate start + free parking on site + well known business + large business