Private Client Solicitor
Macildowie are currently recruiting for a Private Client Solicitor. Our award-winning client has been going from strength to strength recently and as a result is looking for a motivated and talented individual to join the highly-regarded Private Client team. With a great reputation in the area, the firm genuinely focuses on providing an excellent service to all clients, and as a result, the opportunity would suit someone who is dedicated to client care.
You will be acting for a range of clients and work will include matters such as Probate, Court of Protection, Inheritance Tax, Wills, LPAs and more. Since the firm is looking to grow further, you will also be involved in the marketing of the department and will be given the chance to attend networking events and bring in new work.
What makes this opportunity a little bit different is the management and supervisory possibilities on offer. The firm is looking for someone who can also help supervise a small team within the department, making this a great chance for anyone looking to build up their experience in a supervisory role.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Deal with estate administration to include preparation of papers to apply for Grant of Representation and IHT
- accounts using the provided software package (Troika)
- Capable of advising on trusts-creation and administration
- Ability to advise on Capital taxation especially Inheritance Tax
- Dealing with sundry other legal queries as required e.g. partnership matters and agreements
- Be prepared to travel as required to clients and our other offices
- Following up new leads
- Contributing to the marketing of the Probate Services team.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will work closely with the current Head of Legal Practice and will quickly build their own caseload.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Qualified Solicitor
- Ability to draft documentation accurately with attention to detail.
- Must be a good communicator and able to demonstrate effective client interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess good IT skills to operate Office and in-house programs.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.