VBA Analyst Developer, On-Desk (Investment)
Role Available: VBA Analyst Developer, Front Office
A strong Excel VBA developer with some business analysis skills and front office experience is required for this role. You will be expected to be a team player with very good soft skills, the ability to manage your own projects and work well in a team.
The Investment UDT Solutions team works closely with users across all front office departments to develop business critical User Defined Tool (UDT) solutions. Solutions developed by the team cover functionality not supported by core systems. They enable product innovation, speed-to-market, prototyping of new/ emerging business processes, and achievement of operational efficiencies or remediation of risk. The team also works with key Schroders stakeholders to encourage users across the firm to adopt the company policy and best practice guidance on the development and use of UDTs.
The role will largely be development focussed but will also include a significant amount of business analysis and direct face-to-face contact with users across the business. Key responsibilities will be:
- Development of low maintenance and robust solutions mostly for front office use, utilising industry standard best practice and technologies, and also conforming to internal standards.
- Development of enhancements to existing solutions to introduce new features and functionality or improve scalability and robustness.
- Follow and contribute to a standardised team approach to the solution delivery lifecycle.
- Work with fund managers, their teams, project managers and various subject matter experts in order to understand and accurately identify and document business requirements.
- Translate these solution requirements into functional specifications, detailed technical documentation and provide effective solutions in a timely manner as part of a team or independently.
- Supporting the business in the day to day use of front office applications, efficiently managing and resolving any issues that arise.
- Demonstrable track record of working in a front office environment within the Asset Management or wider financial services industry.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Consultative approach coupled with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Self-motivated with strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Team player building strong relationships with colleagues in team and business users.Required
- Expert Level Excel and VBA development.
- Good database and SQL skills including stored procedures.
- Knowledge of Equities, Fixed Income and/ or Derivatives
- Able to adhere to coding standards.
- Interpret and remediate spreadsheets developed by business users to reduce process and spreadsheet risk, improve automation and add efficiency.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good broad knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, and Derivatives or desire to learn.
- Strong documentation skills to support the business analysis component of the job.
- History of delivering high quality global solutions to a demanding user base.
- Experience of the full solution lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering through to implementation and on-going support.
- Familiar with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Knowledge of MS Access.
- MS SQL Server.
- Experience of working with the market data APIs e.g. Bloomberg, Factset or DataStream.
- Tableau, C#, XML, Python and R beneficial but not essential.
- Exposure to ClusterSeven, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other source code management software.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80412905