Information Security Officer
Information Security Officer - Nottingham - Initial 3 month contract
Information Security Officer required to join a client in the utilities industry on an initial 3-month contract with the view to extend.
The role is to work within our Information Security Team in two ways:
- Perform the day to day role of Information Security Officer/Manager/Consultant, supporting the business and projects to operate and deliver change securely in accordance with best practice and internal policy.
- Working with the Information Security Team to help document and improve our working practices so that we can work towards building more structured ways of working. Delivering the guidance and frameworks required to allow the business to be more self-sufficient in complying with our information security policy.
- Experience of operating within a highly regulated/controlled organisation and environment (Defence, Financial, Medical/NHS, Government etc.)
- Ability to provide information security consultancy to multiple projects simultaneously, providing advice on the information risk they face and what treatment options they have available to them
- Ability to provide pragmatic guidance and to provide multiple solutions to a problem
- Performing information security risk analysis and guiding others on appropriate risk management
- Experience of working within an ISO27001 ISMS (ideally having operated an ISMS)
- Experience of using known best practice such as available from NIST, OWASP, SAMM, ISO27000 suite etc.
- Third party supplier information security assurance during selection and contract management
- Scoping and organising penetration tests of both internal and third party developed and hosted solutions, interpreting results into a business language and prioritising remediation
- Experience of delivering security improvement initiatives/programs of work
- Experience of implementing training and awareness initiatives
- Experience with application security (Desirable)
- Experience with Cloud and Virtual hosting environments/architectures (Desirable)
Experience with the following is desirable:
- IoT devices deployed into consumer environments and ongoing management of assets
- GB Smart Metering
- Operational Technology/ICS/Process IT
- Minimum of five years information security experience
- A professional security qualification, e.g. CISSP, ISSAP, CISM, CRISC
If this role is of interest to you, please apply at the first instance.
0161 924 1422
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80420802