A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a market leading company for a Software Engineer.
We wish to recruit a software engineer with several years of experience in C/C++/C# with a scientific background in physics, mathematics or chemistry although other scientific disciplines will be considered. They will operate in a multidisciplinary project team being able to extend our existing platforms with new product designs, support hardware engineers to provide tools to test new features, work on algorithms to turn data into information and write manufacturing test software to guarantee product quality and operational excellence.
- To be able to translate user requirements into technical specifications, to provide development timelines and schedules for the specifications and deliver software that meets those specifications in a timely manner.
- Work within our structured development process.
- To write code to take data from a variety of communication protocols and process it to provide scientific insight and diagnostic information. The code may be customer facing or focussed on enabling the team to test ideas and equipment.
- To work within the existing application frameworks to enhance them to provide new capabilities.
- To understand how to test our scientific instruments to ensure they meet the required quality and performance criteria and to work with manufacturing to write software that provide tools for component and sub-assembly testing plus automated fully assembled testing.
- Work with manufacturing to provide guidance, training and troubleshooting support during pilot batch manufacture.
- To develop algorithms that enhance the capabilities of our instrumentation and turn our data into customer information.
- To undertake software troubleshooting including both creative and pragmatic resolutions to problems.
- Be willing to work at multiple software levels from high level application features in C# to embedded software development in C/C++.
- To document and conduct planning, technical and bug reviews of design code and of evaluation plans / test results. Write and present technical project reports.
- Responsible for product performance and quality.
- At least 3 years commercial software experience on a Windows platform in .NET using Visual Studio 2010 or later.
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team being able to take a leadership role for architectural and coding aspects.
- Good C# .NET skills preferably with WPF experience.
- Experience of using the Agile-Scrum process or similar software development process.
- Knowledge of C++ with COM/MFC/ATL skills.
- Knowledge of C particularly in relation to embedded systems.
- Knowledge of LabView or similar rapid prototyping software is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of MatLab or Python or other high level language for mathematical manipulation of data is highly desirable.
- Ability to assess technical risk and to formulate an effective risk management strategy for both development, including design and execution of evaluation programmes.
- Experience of using cross-platform tools particularly with respect to mobile applications would be desirable such as Xamarin.
- Image processing or signal processing experience would be a bonus.
- Honour's degree in a science or mathematics.
- Microsoft Windows certification such as MCSD or similar evidence of Windows programming training.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80401498