As the General Manager, you will ensure the provision of a high quality and financially sustainable childcare centre and will be expected to maintain its 'Outstanding' Ofsted award.
You will provide strong leadership and management to the Centre Management Team and ensure that all staff within the Centre are motivated and developed to deliver high quality care and education.
We are offering an excellent salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per year (which may be negotiable depending on experience and exceptional candidates)
This is a full-time role and the General Manager will be expected to work the hours as required in order to fulfill the needs of the role (minimum notional hours of 40 per week) .
You will also benefit from 25 days holiday plus 15.5 extra days off for public holidays and university closure days.
This is an exceptional opportunity, so we are looking for applicants with an accomplished track record of nursery management, effective staff leadership and evidence of solid financial management of working within set budgets.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Advising the Board on the development of childcare policy and leading the development and implementation of the Bright Beginnings strategy and operational plans.
- Managing budgets in line with set procedures ensuring effective financial planning, regular monitoring and value for money procurement.
- Overall responsibility for safeguarding practices within the Centre.
- Effective leadership, management and development of the Centre's Management Team ensuring that they are committed and motivated to deliver an excellent service in line with the Centre's aims and objectives.
- Ensuring that the Centre is a child-centred environment where children are cared for in a safe and stimulating way and individual needs are met within a group setting. Ensuring that the EYFS framework is implemented effectively and that the Centre reflects best practice in childcare and education provision.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with parents and carers ensuring systems are in place for two-way communication and enabling parents to contribute to the overall development of the Centre.
- Building effective working relationships internally and externally and establishing close links with statutory and professional bodies. In addition, developing and maintaining strong links and effective working relationships across the University of Leeds community ensuring that service provision is reflective of the needs of University students and staff.
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement within the Centre in relation to service, quality and efficiency. Monitoring and evaluating provision and performance in line with key targets, objectives and EYFS/Ofsted standards, seeking input from parents and other key stakeholders as appropriate. Identifying and addressing areas for development and implementing changes as required.
- Keeping abreast of sector developments and relevant legislative changes and participating in appropriate professional networks, sharing best practice and acting as an ambassador for the Centre.
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures and practices within the Centre ensuring due regard and adherence to best practice, legal requirements and educational standards.
- Undertaking all aspects of the role in line with Bright Beginnings' values, policies and its ethos.
- Relevant Degree OR Level 3 qualification (NVQ/ CACHE) OR other equivalent childcare qualification combined with significant experience in a senior managerial role within a nursery or early years setting.
- Significant experience of leading and managing staff within an early year setting with a proven ability to lead, develop and motivate them to deliver high standards of care and education.
- A detailed understanding of what it takes to achieve a 'Good' or 'Outstanding' Ofsted award.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Children's Act, Early Year Foundation Stage Care Standards and Ofsted requirements plus a good understanding of the EYFS curriculum and its implementation.
- A good awareness of contemporary educational thinking and issues in childcare.
- Excellent working knowledge of safeguarding and child protection issues.
- A strong understanding of the principles of financial management and control with significant experience of managing budgets.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise resources effectively.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using nursery-related software packages (e.g. First Steps).
- Experience of reviewing standards and driving forward improvements combined with an ability to respond positively to and lead others through change.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively and develop effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
To apply for the role of Nursery Manager, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80411644