Powertrain Test Systems Engineer / Senior Engineer
Company Profile: Our client is Europe's leading automotive test and development centre.
Job Location: Bedfordshire
Job Position: Powertrain Test Systems Engineer / Senior Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Job Profile: Provide all technical support for Engineering team preparing Powertrain Facilities to perform tests activities according to customer requirements.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree;
- Must have experience with engine development test beds.
- Instrumentation experience (Thermocouples, pressure transducers etc).
- Test cell conditioning systems such Combustion Air, Charge Air, Cell Air.
- Use of test bed controls (PID controls, throttle control, fuel handling)
- Automotive background in an engine testing environment.
- Must have knowledge of AVL PUMA; ETAS INCA; AVL INDICOM, AVL CONCERTO.
- Security and access control management;
- Script and code programming.
- Provide all technical support for Engineering team preparing Powertrain Facilities to perform tests activities according to customer requirements.
- Provide engineering support for the Powertrain equipment and test engineers.
- Assure all instruments are calibrated and producing reliable data.
- Setup emission systems according to requirements.
- Program test scheduling in automation systems.
- Adjust engines and vehicle numeric models to run properly in test beds.
- Manage test facilities data servers making all data secure and accessible to right personnel.
Salary: Please call Tim Bees for details on 01621 841234
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80419757