Key duties include
* Planning, preparation, performing and documentation of product proving tests according to international standards (e.g. 61800-3, 61800-5-1 ) on new and existing products
* Development of test platforms and methods in order to ensure products are fully tested and meet the international standards and use case requirements.
* Improve test methods to ensure higher quality and shorter timescale by identifying test weaknesses and redundancies.
* Intensive collaboration and information exchange with the respective development projects or other test departments.
* Setup of test benches and all related test environment.
* Supervise and attend external tests.
* Minimum of ONC in electrical engineering. HNC/HND preferred.
* Good working knowledge of AC drives and control circuits including fault finding and repair.
* Good knowledge of measurement methodology.
* Ability to understand and apply technical standards.
* Knowledge of test methods, test tools and test automation as well as error management (reporting, tracking etc.).
* Field Experience with AC Drives advantageous ( Service - Commissioning ).
* Experience in SIMATIC S7 and field buses e.g. Profibus/-net would be useful.
* SW knowledge ( Visual Basic, C ) would be useful.
* Full UK Driving Licence and passport.
This position would suit a technician/test engineer who is looking for new challenges and the opportunity for further development.
The successful candidate will be capable of working to agreed timescales/deadlines; demonstrate an analytical approach; have the drive to succeed; be adaptable; be capable of team working; possess a good technical understanding and show commitment to Quality.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.