Specialist Screening Practitioner (SSP) Band 6
Specialist Screening Practitioner (SSP) Essex - band 6 NHS - £26,500 - £36k
Due to plans to extend the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme, we are recruiting two full time Specialist Screening Practitioner (SSP) vacancies at AfC Band 6. The Programme delivers services from the endoscopy units across Essex.
The role will provide ongoing support to the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme and will be involved in the development of services within Mid-Essex, so is great for those who are eager to gain experience in multiple hospital sites and service expansion.
Flexible working is essential amongst the team to deliver the service efficiently at all sites.
You will need excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills & will work as part of a national screening service, adhering to nationally agreed policies and guidelines, working closely with the administration staff and the screening hub.
You need to be committed, enthusiastic, innovative and able to prioritise a potentially demanding and diverse workflow and to work on their own initiative as well as a member of a growing team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of clinical governance.
- Broad range of clinical experience.
- Minimum of three years post registration experience, with two years in Screening.
- Recent experience in gastroenterology/colorectal setting.