IT Support Apprentice
The first computer was almost 2.5 metres (8ft) high and weighed nearly 30,000kg - more than 600 times heavier than an average computer today.
Do you want to learn more?
Baltic Training are excited to be working with GB3 to recruit for an IT 1st Line Support Apprentice to join their team based in the Clifton area of Preston.
GB3 provide a range of bespoke IT and communication solutions for organisations throughout the UK, France and America. They are dedicated to finding the best technology solutions for their customers and strive to deliver an excellent service led approach to strategy, systems & support. Founded in 2004, they also provide a range of IT Support to schools around the Lancashire area.
They are now looking for a mature and hardworking individual to join their experienced team.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Provide 1st line support to customers in relation to hardware and software issues via email or phone or verbally whilst on site.
- Log all incoming calls and escalate any unresolved issues in line with company procedure.
- Collaborate with User Support to provide Level I and II troubleshooting in support of technical solutions.
- Identify and explore new technologies that could advance customers infrastructure to improve performance, reliability and availability.
- Enhance your own learning through research into the IT arena, creating continued development of the role.
- Simplify technical jargon so that it is easily understood by the audience.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
Skills and qualifications required:
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
- A passion for IT and Technology and a willingness to learn from experienced industry professionals.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £140 per week
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm (40 hours per week)
- Other shift patterns include 7am-4pm, 8:30am-5:30pm and 9am-6pm
Location and travel
Their modern office is located in the Clifton area of Preston. There is a bus stop a short walk from their office.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand you knowledge with the links provided!
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80394984