Deputy Manager Menswear - Full Time position
S Simmonds & Son – Tunbridge Wells
Do you have a passion for retail and love men’s premium clothing. We are looking for an experienced Menswear department deputy manager to join our team in our Flagship store in Royal Tunbridge Wells.
As a deputy to the Menswear manager you will be responsible for the running of the menswear department in the manager’s absence and play a vital part ensuring the business runs smoothly. Working alongside the department manager, you will assist and support in all areas of the day to day running of the department, taking full responsibility in their absence.
You will actively strive to achieve daily targets and drive team members whilst maintaining excellent customer service at all times, this role will require an established organised supervisor that is confident in making decisions in the absence of the store manager and confident in delegating and organising the day to day running.
Other duties include: ·
- To be responsible for the running of the department in the manager’s absence.
- Providing a fun and motivating environment that will inspire the team to achieve daily targets.
- Ensuring customer service excellence is delivered at all times.
- Receiving and storing stock, processing customer orders.
- To assist in the merchandising of the store assisted/un-assisted (training will be given) ·
- To take ownership of own training & development,
- To be people focused and possess excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Take full responsibility for dealing with complaints, maintaining a positive attitude when faced with difficulties and ensuring that the customer is dealt with efficiently at all times.
- To handle numerous tasks whilst maintaining effectiveness and having the ability to switch between tasks when faced with changing priorities·
- Practice good Health & Safety procedures within the store environment.
- Practice good housekeeping at all times.
The role is 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days including weekends and some bank holidays.-We offer competitive rates of pay -A permanent contract-20 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays with the ability to earn additional holiday -Work place pension scheme -Generous staff discount-Sick pay after qualifying period
Please send your CV to Karen Gore, HR Manager, S Simmonds & Son Ltd, 3-5 Eldon Way, Paddock Wood, Kent. TN12 6BE or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80354845