The successful Corporate Accountant will need to manage the timely and accurate production of the external UK financial reporting for the Company, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and industry regulations.
A Global Insurance firm with operations in West London
Corporate Accountant Responsibilities
- Prepare the statutory accounts and maintain supporting records for the local entity and its related companies within the Group structure.
- Manage and co-ordinate the data capture, preparation, review and delivery of the regulatory and industry returns of the company in accordance with prescribed dates, particularly the periodic returns made to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Association of British Insurers (ABI), Office of National Statistics (ONS).
- Reconcile statutory accounts to the SAP ledger and the UK GAAP files and ensure all relevant adjustments are recorded in the ledger.
- Prepare Solvency II reporting templates for the PRA and group.
- Work cross functionally to build, test and implement automated solutions for preparation of the Statutory and regulatory returns from Unified SAP and TIA.
- Driving the data clean-up process (if required) across breaches and implementing the controls.
- Stay current and updated with statutory rules and regulations and determine the impact changes to the regulations have on group business
- Maintain established policies and procedures for statutory accounting and reporting process.
- Support the manager with the Analytics for the company, using business knowledge and trends
The successful Corporate Accountant will have the following skills:
- Be a qualified accountant (essential)
- Happy to commute to Chiswick
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement when reviewing and compiling data, reports etc.
- Apply discretion and maintain confidentiality. Discern when issues should be escalated to senior levels.
- Ability to self-manage and organise own deliverables to meet agreed deadlines.
- Be able to effectively liaise and co-ordinate across other departments and European branches to achieve reporting objectives.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels including senior management and executives across the Group. Communicate with external parties including auditors, suppliers and regulatory bodies such as PRA, ABI.
- Be able to positively influence colleagues across the Group and provide clear instruction where required.
- Be open to change and drive overall process.
15 month contract paying £50-55k
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80395277