Hardware Team Leader
As a Hardware Team Leader, you would lead a team of skilled and experienced Hardware Engineers who work on projects related to Air Data Computer technology. Here in Bournemouth, we design and manufacture cockpit voice and data flight recorders as well as air data computers and ice detectors. Our Air Data Computers have the world's highest specification pressure sensors while operating in an aircraft environment.
You would lead the team to success by using the latest safety critical microcontroller technology to generate airspeed and altitude output signals. The Air Data Computer supplies primary airspeed and altitude data to other aircraft systems including pilot instruments, autopilots, flight management systems and many others. You would also be working with Ice Detector technology targeted at helicopters and used to control helicopter deicing systems. Ice Detectors include various heater control systems and hot compressed air handling to keep the detector deiced. Various technical challenges are presented by the optical detection method, which has to operate outside the aircraft.
Our Ice Detector and Air Data Computer developments require the full rigor of a level A design process. Your natural ability to lead a team, bring people on side and prioritise work in addition to your technical abilities mean you will do well in this role.
- The Hardware Team Leader is responsible for the management of the Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical and Qualification Team within an Integrated Product Team structure.
- Experience in embedded digital and analogue design within an aerospace / automotive / medical / safety-critical environment
- Demonstrated high performance and achievement in leadership and management of engineering teams through a full product development life cycle (including system design, development, integration, test, verification).
- Familiar with small Microprocessor and microcontroller systems.
- Familiar with Schematic design using ORCAD or similar package.
- Familiar with Op Amp level analogue & DC-DC PSU design.
- Design for EMC.
- Familiar with FPGA design and simulation in VHDL.
- Experience of working with DO-254 and ARP4754.
- Experience of working with DO-160 would be beneficial.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80402137