Due to an exciting new project the Automotive Engineering Group are looking for skilled, Test Engineers capable of delivering solutions of the highest standard on fast paced and technically challenging projects
Design and develop effective and robust engineering solutions to enable project tests to be carried out safely. Investigate improvements to facilities and develop solutions to improve test efficiency and effectiveness.
Validate concepts through analytical methods alongside product engineering, including the specification and design of test facilities and automation systems. Provide support to the active test facilities to solve problems, minimise downtime and meet H&S requirements
The Test Engineer will do the Specification, design and delivery of systems to test systems, to agreed timescales.
Mechanical design of test rigs and dyno systems using 3D CAD software
Validation of concepts using analytical methods (mechanical, fluid and thermodynamic)
Specification and delivery of appropriate control systems and instrumentation
Commissioning and final sign-off of testing solutions
* Experience in working in R&D test environment
* Knowledge of hybrid powertrain test facilities
* Ability to solve problems from data analysis and working from 1st principles.
* Evidence of a structured and data driven approach to problem solving
* Ability to manage the delivery of several complex projects in parallel
* Familiarity with Design Tools and Techniques (proficient in Catia V5 / LCA)
* Experience of Dynamic Systems, High Speed Rotating Parts, Complex Assemblies, Drivelines
* Data analysis skills using packages such as Concerto, WinDarab, ATLAS, Excel, Matlab, Labview
* Experience of classical mechanical design analysis techniques
* Experience of fluid conditioning and delivery system design
* PUMA 1.3/1.5 automation system operation and configuration
* Familiarity with function and performance of F1 powertrain systems and components
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Relevant engineering degree (2:1 min) or equivalent, with sufficient experience to demonstrate a high standard of engineering capability and application of technology in a test environment
* Industrial or post-graduate training in relevant techniques and applications
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80395453