Science Teacher - Basingstoke - April start
Academics are looking to recruit a Science Teacher to carry out a full-time contract in an alternative provision in the Basingstoke area starting after Easter, Monday 16th April 2018. This is a potential temp to perm position. The provision caters for secondary aged pupils with social, emotional and mental health challenges.
The successful candidate will be strong and compassionate and enjoy working in a challenging environment with pupils with challenging behaviours and medical conditions such as depression and anxiety. Due to the nature of their needs, class sizes are small and support staff are always on hand.
If you a Science Specialist or have recent experience of delivering Science to KS4 and feel you are suited to the above role, please contact me using the link below with a copy of your updated CV.
- Be a UK Trained teacher or possess QTS
- Have recent secondary teaching experience in the UK.
- Be a qualified Science Teacher
- Have experience or be willing to work in an alternative provision with pupils with challenging behaviour
- Be empathetic and possess a calm manner
- Be able to show good behaviour and classroom management skills.
- Be available full-time to starting Monday 16th April
- Ideally be based in Basingstoke or happy to travel for work.
You will be required to undertake a DBS and ideally be able to show two recent good or outstanding observations.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80394916