Senior Radiographer Band 6
Senior Radiographer (Part Time) Essex - band 6 NHS - £26,565 - £35,577
We are looking for a Band 6 Senior Radiographer to join our clients Nuclear Medicine team in Essex. You will need to be an enthusiastic, well-motivated qualified radiographer or Nuclear Medicine Technologist and enjoy working in a busy, highly skilled and dedicated team.
This is a part time role working 2 days a week. The department performs a wide range of in vivo and in vitro diagnostic procedures and imaging techniques, and is due to relocate to a brand new purpose built diagnostic imaging facility in the Spring, which will include 2 modern Siemens imaging technology systems one being a 16 slice SPECT/CT.
- To undertake any duties in Nuclear Medicine under the direction of the chief NM technician
- To carry out diagnostic Nuclear Medicine examinations both in vivo and in vitro including radiopharmaceutical administrations in accordance with IR(ME)R 2000 regulations, scanning and image processing. To carry out I 131 therapies for the treatment of thyrotoxicosis.
- Routine daily QA of equipment
- To follow the departmental local rules and ensure compliance of these and all appropriate legislation by junior team members
- Monitoring of the working environment for radioactive contamination and assisting with decontamination under direction of the RPS
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate record keeping
- Assist with the development of NM procedures and departmental protocols, and the training of junior staff and students
Experience & Qualifications
- Professional registration for this position with either the HCPC as a radiographer, or the RCT as a clinical technologist is essential.
- Experience in IV and cannulation techniques and radiopharmaceutical administration is also expected.
- Experience of SPECT/CT techniques or CT scanning and radiological contrast administration would be an advantage.