We are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant based in Orpington, Kent.
This Role Will Include:
- Reporting to the Accounts Manager
- Accounts Preparation for Sole Traders, companies & Partnerships
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Travelling to client premises as required
- Achieving or exceeding assignment budgeted fees & profits, identifying reasons for non-achievement of budgets as appropriate
- Keeping senior management/engagement partner fully informed at all times of progress on jobs, in particular if there is likely to be an unplanned write off.
- Carrying out review work on accounts and other assignments prepared by junior team members when required.
- Any Ad-Hoc assignments or tasks that may be required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years practise experience
- At least part AAT qualified with good solid experience. Experience matters far more than the qualification for this role. Good Solid & demonstrable knowledge of accounts prep for owner managed business (OMBs) to include partnerships, sole traders & companies.
- Competent & confident using both manual & computerised systems including Sage & Quickbooks
- Knowledge & experience of management accounting
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Ability to work well under pressure & to tight deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Flexibility & adaptability with an outgoing & proactive approach to work.
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Car Driver with access to a car
- (NB Current ACA/ACCA students & those wishing to study/continue studying for a further qualification may be considered for this role, however an AAT qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA accountant who has the relevant experience but has stopped studying may be considered a more suitable candidate)