Lead Ops Engineer
You will provide hands-on technical expertise and leadership to improve and develop our Operations’ systems and practices. You will offer technical direction and support to a team of Operations engineers and other departments whose systems are maintained by the IT Operations department.
Knowledge & previous experience
- Technical leadership in an Enterprise class IT Operations department that provide technical support, monitoring, and incident response.
- Min 5+ years’ experience in configuring and managing Linux based infrastructure in an Enterprise environment.
- Advanced cloud hosting expertise in AWS in an Enterprise environment including maintaining the following services - EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, CloudFormer, CloudWatch.
- Experienced in using automation to automate infrastructure tasks (Puppet, Chef etc)
- Experience with scripting including, but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, or Python
- Exposure to "DevOps" style working practices, developing and automating solutions related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
- Experience working with VMware server virtualization.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Experience managing network security monitoring, detection, and analysis tools, to include IDS, IPS, DLP, SEIM, etc.
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
About IOP Publishing Tech
The Institute of Physics Publishing is an international scientific publisher, delivering leading-edge research worldwide. Our digital portfolio includes the IOPscience journals platform, Physics World news and regional websites.
The tech department is made up of Digital Transformation - leading on digital delivery and global digital services and Engineering - providing technical leadership for software development, QA, DevOps and application support. Our IT department has approximately 50 members of staff and also work closely with an offshore development team.