Events Installation Technician
This role would suit an individual who is both competent and experienced in installing and commission a wide variety of AV and Sound equipment. The role requires excellent communication skills combined with a good understanding of AV/Sound installations, equipment and working practice. The ideal candidate will have a number of years’ experience in a similar role and will have experience of working with and supervising small teams. SSSTS qualification desirable. You should have good customer services skills, be able to prioritize work, to think laterally to find solutions to technical issues on-site and be able to work under pressure. Long distance, countrywide travel and overnight stays in hotels are also likely in this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend site as required and carry out duties as required to deliver high quality installations under the leadership of a Project Manager or nominated Site Supervisor.
- To attend site and carry out the duties of Site Supervisor as required including face to face client contact as required.
- Attend site visits as required to assess faults and assist in remedial work as required following an installation.
- To assist in the packing and preparation of equipment required for individual installations including liaising with other departments to ensure the successful Goods Arrival, Dispatch and Off Hire of equipment required for specific installations.
- To ensure all installation equipment is maintained and used in a manner that complies with all safety and other electrical safety legislation.
- Assisting colleagues with general warehouse duties including, but not restricted to, loading and unloading of trucks, tidying up, and assistance of other departments/divisions
- To ensure that Health & Safety guidelines and policies are adhered to at all times.
- To follow procedures as laid out by the Head of Installation and Service, Project Managers and us as a whole at all times.
- AOIP networking Experience including DANTE Certification Level 2.
- Experience of programing Audio DSP systems (Yamaha, QSYS, BSS)
- Experience and understanding of Audio signal paths, Analogue & Digital
- Experience and understanding of Loudspeaker system installation and commissioning.
- Experience of Radio Transmission and Receiver deployment for installations
- Experience of Projector installation, Line up, keystoning, Blending
- Experience of programing AV control systems (AMX, Crestron etc)
- Experience of Portable Appliance Testing (C&G2377 or equivalent) desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of DMX, networking, dimming & basic electrical theory - including three phase.
- Excellent fault-finding skills.
- Excellent use and understanding of test equipment and tools
- Good soldering skills
- Ability to work at height
- Current SSSTS, First Aid, PASMA, IPAF and CSCS card desirable
- Full clean driving license desirable
Personal Competencies and Behaviours:
- Literate and Numerate
- Able to follow detailed instruction and carry out tasks accurately
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a polite and friendly manner when dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- A good team member and effective team leader
- Deadline conscious
- Good time keeping and attendance record
- Ability to adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to common work-related tasks.
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects our core values of dependability, knowledgeability, friendliness, adaptability, customer focus and honourability at all times.