Linux Systems Administrator Cambridgeshire
Linux Systems Administrator
Location: 8 Miles outside Cambridge City Centre.
Salary and Benefits include: £40-50,000 (dependent on experience), Company Equity worth about £2,500 per year, 6% bonus, 10% Pension contribution, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday.
On offer is a unique opportunity to work within an environment where people and technology truly change lives by driving advancements in life sciences.
Linux Systems Administrator - Key Skills:
- 3+ years Linux systems administration experience.
- Solid Linux systems administration, configuration, optimization and monitoring.
- Experience deploying and supporting high availability services.
- Programming/Scripting skills e.g. Python, Java, Perl or similar.
- Familiarity with any automation tools e.g. Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef or Puppet etc.
- Use of any modern container systems such as Docker, Vagrant etc.
- Relevant degree
- Must have good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Linux Systems Administrator - Nice to Have:
- Experience of AWS cloud-based deployment and support.
- Experience administering large scale services in AWS production infrastructure is highly preferable.
About the role:
As a Linux Systems Administrator your duties will include:
- Designing and orchestrating the provisioning, installation, dynamic configuration, monitoring and maintenance of high availability services in the cloud environment.
- Automation work to eliminate the need for manual updates and direct intervention.
- Using monitoring systems to detect service and security issues and diagnose/fix service performance to achieve the highest levels of system availability, performance, and security.
- Migration of legacy on-premises systems into cloud.
About the Company:
Human health has never been in better hands.