Heart Healthcare are currently looking for a Healthcare Technician to work in a busy private hospital in Surrey.
Hours: 37.5 (Monday- Saturday)
Salary range 18,000- 22,000
Our clients passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UKs most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
Our client have their very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country searching for the next best thing for patients.
You will be expected to participate in all aspects of the service at the hospital. As part of a multi-disciplinary team with an emphasis on quality patient care, you will ensure a comprehensive level of care provision to all ophthalmic patients, their relatives or carers, across clinical and some administrative duties.
You will work alongside other clinical team members and optometrists for outpatient consultations and pre-assessment of patients, ensuring any concerns are reported as appropriate to the nursing team.
What youll do
- Work closely with clinical and patient services staff to ensure the smooth running of operating lists.
- Actively support and assist patients on surgery days ensuring effective communication.
- Handling patient enquiries effectively, by means of referral to a medical practitioner if necessary, and providing service excellence.
- Provide pre and post-operative care, within level of competence, to patients and their carers.
- Organise notes and hospital lists to ensure smooth running of hospital schedules, using the ERM system or manual records as appropriate.
- Preparation of consulting/examination/treatment rooms throughout the day ensuring rooms are tidy, stocked with appropriate equipment, stationery etc.
- Effective day to day management of the diagnostic equipment, including scheduling of patients and back up of diagnostic information.
- Patient data management, ensuring efficient operation of the equipment including any transfer of files between computers.
- The cleaning, preparing and assembling of associated surgical equipment prior to and during treatment, in line with CQC guidelines and company protocols.
- Opening up and closing down of all consulting rooms and diagnostic rooms ensuring all equipment is clean and operational reporting any faults in equipment to Clinical Services Manager.
- Undertake training and reach a level of competence as a laser technician in the Refractive Theatre.
- Work with all staff to ensure an awareness of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment within the clinical areas
- Ensure correct storage of all equipment, taking responsibility to report any concerns to the appropriate manager.
- To assist in the control of cross infection by working to the Hospital policy regarding Uniform Policy, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures
- To follow correct procedures for documenting and reporting any accident or incident.
- To assist the Clinical Services Manager with suppliers to ensure relevant levels of stock are available so surgery can be performed without delay.
What youll need
- Basic Life Support competent
- Achieved or working towards NVQ levels 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- Strong IT skills ie good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment
Though experience in a Ophthalmic setting is preferred, it not essential.
To apply to this fantastic vacancy or for more information simply click below and one of our consultants will call you- well always speak to you before submitting your CV to the client as this will help you get a better understanding of the role.
We hope to speak to you soon!