Technology Specialist - Seals and Bearings
24-month fixed-term contract - but a high likelihood of longer term employment
£38,883 to £47,722 plus flexible working and benefits
As an accomplished technologist, you’re motivated by exploring and investigating how and why things work.
And it’s a quantitative calculations focused person we’re looking for in this instance - an expert in bearings or seals.
If you have strong industry experience in rotating equipment (turbomachinery, pumps, turbines, compressors etc.), and a strong academic/analytical background to boot, we’d like to hear from you.
Based at The University of Nottingham’s Gas Turbine Transmissions Research Centre, you’ll be liaising with senior technical experts and expanding your knowledge on a daily basis.
Instead of another career step into the confines of one company or technology, join us at the forefront of engineering innovation and creativity. The academic tree isn’t what you might think; it’s a vibrant, rich and varied environment in which you have the chance to push boundaries and potentially establish and exploit your own intellectual property.
- Operating as a Technical Specialist in seals and bearings
- Working as an internal consultant, inputting expertise into the University of Nottingham and its clients
- Developing capability in the development, analysis, deployment and diagnosis of bearings and seals
- Driving a stream of contract testing work
- Extensive contract with technical experts at the university’s clients
- Operating in a team of circa 50, reporting to a manager who guides but doesn’t micromanage
- Nottingham based, travelling on occasion
- 10am to 4pm core hours, with flexible working
The Key Requirements:
- PhD educated in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline - or a first-class degree
- At least five years of industry experience
- Experience and knowledge of rotating equipment - turbomachinery, pumps, turbines, compressors etc.
- You must be an expert in either rotating seals or bearings, and interested in learning the other
- Experience and knowledge of MATLAB and Microsoft Excel
- Salary bracket, based on experience, from £38,883 to £47,722 - with clear pay scales and routes for progression
- Holiday Entitlement; 25 to 30 days leave, plus eight public holidays and five extra days between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible Working; work when it suits you best
- Exercise; Access to sports and fitness facilities - for all ability levels - at the new £40 million sports complex
- Flexible working, special leave, and long-term carers leave
- Edenred Discount Scheme; shopping perks - 5% discount on supermarket and petrol shopping, and deals for family days out
- Health; services from the University Health Service, Counselling Service, and discount on private medical insurance
Apply for this Senior Mechanical Engineer vacancy to register your interest with Recart, an ISO 9001-accredited technical and engineering recruitment consultancy and Excellence in Customer Service winner at the 2017 Nottinghamshire East Midlands Chamber Business Awards.