Responsible for the safe day-to-day running of an allocated machine and to ensure that all manufacturing targets are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- CNC and Manual turning.
- NC Milling.
- Radial Arm Drilling.
- Vertical Boring.
- Working to and conducting accurate checks on tight tolerances required.
- Fork lift truck driving.
- Lifting and slinging.
- Use of FARO arm.
Set Up and Assignment of Tasks
- Liaise with Tool Preparation Operatives to ensure the timely provision of all required materials and tools.
- Create from new or amend current set up sheets for use by all employees and to a standard format.
- Ensure that all CNC and Manual machines are set up within target time and as outlined on the set-up sheet.
- Check all first components.
- Ensure full understanding of all production requirements and implement measures to remain competent and able to produce conforming components.
- Maintain and continually develop knowledge of all machinery and processes.
- Produce components within agreed cycle times.
- Produce components that conform to all specifications listed on engineering drawings.
- Produce components that satisfy all internal quality control measures.
- Maintain visual checks throughout the process and take corrective action where required.
- Maintain to target and improve performance in relation to efficiency, quality, 5S and health and safety.
- Dress components in cycle and as and when appropriate.
- Ensure components are marked up with all relevant information.
- Use inspection equipment (Vernier, Micrometer, PI tape, CMM and FARO) to ensure that all components are manufactured as per the relevant engineering drawing within the tolerances stated.
- Use forklift trucks as required to collect and return material, components and other engineering items from designated areas.
- Ensure the correct and safe storage of all components and materials.
- Watch for, reduce and eliminate FOD wherever possible.
- Ensure correct segregation of waste as per environmental requirements.
- Conduct daily maintenance checks on allocated machinery and report major maintenance issues to the Cell Leader.
- Complete minor maintenance on allocated machinery within the boundaries of capability.
- Review and identify tooling, roller, cutter or other engineering components and report for repair or manufacture.
- Complete daily machine, inspection, shadow board and maintenance checks before reporting any issue to the Cell Leader or Supervisor.
- Maintain cast numbers to allow work to be easily traced.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with Cell leader and/or Supervisor in respect to all daily production activities.
Days only: Monday - Thursday 8.00 - 4.30pm, Friday 8.00am - 1.00pm