Purpose of Job
To manage all aspects of industrial filtration projects, and provide a high integrity interface between the Engineering team resulting in seamless manufacturing, testing and delivery of complex industrial filtration systems.
- To manage Industrial Filtration system projects in their entirety with full budget control.
- To ensure that all projects programs are closely monitored and any delays addressed quickly to prevent late delivery.
- To monitor tight delivery programs and take a hands on approach to problem solving and removing obstacles to contractual performance.
- To manage the commercial performance of all allocated projects ensuring that KPI profitability targets are met or exceeded.
- To manage stage payments and all commercial issues relating to allocated projects.
- To communicate via weekly reports to the Engineering Manager regarding progress and potential issues for all subcontract manufacturing activities.
- To manage other subcontract activities such as non-destructive testing, painting and other specialist activities.
- To run Factory Acceptance Testing at the subcontractors, managing the organization and progress to a successful conclusion with minimized snagging requirements.
- To liaise closely with FGL group subcontract facility in the Netherlands, developing close working relationships, making necessary visits as required.
- To consider all commercial aspects carefully when making decisions that affect build quality, integrity of the system and delivery performance.
- To fully review and assess subcontractor capabilities to ensure FGL high standards of engineering and manufacture are maintained at all times.
- To support and advise subcontractor suppliers on pressure vessel design codes and standard manufacturing practices.
- To review and manage all documentation requirements for industries including Oil & Gas, power, food and chemical ensuring documentation deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical or chemical engineering
Skills and Experience
- Oil & Gas industry experience is essential to this position
- Extensive pressure vessel design and manufacturing experience
- Industrial filtration experience
- Clear documented communication skills
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Responsive and a keen sense of urgency
- Excellent telephone manner, verbal and written communication
- Commercial awareness
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to cope with many and varied situations
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy project engineering environment
- Regular UK travel to subcontractor manufacturing sites
- Some overseas travel will be necessary