Graduate Marketing Communications Assistant
Discovery is a leader in results-driven recruitment, training, and development: trail-blazing the industry with a fresh approach to building workforces. We’ve pioneered a diagnostic approach to recruitment and development that delivers exceptional results in a climate that is dominated by an outdated model.
We embed best practice across our clients’ businesses, which provides long-term and sustainable solutions. We help organisations reduce the significant cost wasted each year on inappropriate hires and ineffective training.
Whilst our scope of expertise covers all industry sectors, we’re particularly strong in the food, manufacturing and engineering markets, domestically and internationally.
What’s the role?
We recognise that marketing plays a very big part in the success of a business, especially in an industry of high participation. We offer a unique approach in attracting, assessing and supporting the right candidates for our clients, from graduate level through to senior executives. The Marketing Communications Assistant needs to ensure that the messages we send through communication channels accurately reflect our brand and ethos.
The wider role of the Marketing Communications Assistant is to support the Marketing Team in driving revenue, implementing the marketing plan, and developing Discovery’s brand in line with the marketing and business strategies.
Duties & key responsibilities
- Support the Marketing Executive in implementing the marketing strategy to maximise Discovery’s revenues and to drive towards agreed sales/business targets
- Support in the implementation of all marketing schedules to include (as required) print; online; social networking; e-marketing; direct mail; PR; advertising; signage and photography
- Be responsible for keeping Discovery’s online marketing channels up-to-date on a daily basis, including the website and social networking sites
- Support the Marketing Executive in creating content for the website and social networking sites
- Creating content for award submissions
- Monitor marketing activity and candidate/client feedback
- Act as a representative and advocate of Discovery and undertake additional duties as required
Our ideal person
This role is perfect for a recent graduate who is keen to launch their marketing career in a business that will provide extensive support, real responsibility and excellent progression opportunities - all in equal measure!
- A degree in an appropriate subject, suitable for the role
- Evidence of marketing being a primary career choice
- A genuine interest in business and commerce
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Highly literate (written and spoken English) and numerate
- IT literate including working knowledge of databases
- Good project management abilities
- Experience of managing relationships with suppliers/stakeholders/other departments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication, inter-personal skills and high standards of presentation
- Live in Birmingham or be willing to relocate
- Experience in a marketing role would be advantageous (work experience or placement year)
- Experience of B2B and B2C marketing
- Experience of using social media as a marketing tool
- Evidence of helping to develop an organisation’s revenue, market and/or sales
- Evidence of helping to develop an organisation’s profile
- Recognised marketing qualification or training
- Experience of using Photoshop and Google Analytics
- Experience of using Social Media Management Software and Content Management Systems
Does that sound like you? If so, then get in touch as this could be just the right position for you.
Join the team!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits packages. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, monthly buddy breakfast meetings, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.