Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer: Crowthorne, Berks with some travel required
Are you looking for a support role that will utilise your technical skills and involves plenty of customer contact? Do you want to join an organisation that invests in your professional development and ensures you are continuing to learn, so you can deliver an exceptional customer experience? If that's a firm yes, take a look at our opportunity and you could be joining a talented team of technical professionals.
Working as our Technical Support Engineer, you'll be playing a key role ensuring our data protection and IT services are delivered efficiently to our wide range of small, medium and corporate customers. You'll liaise frequently with our Helpdesk & Service Delivery Coordinator and report to our Technical Director.
Although this is primarily an internal role based at our Crowthorne office, there will be the requirement to visit our customers in the field.
What can you expect to be involved with on a day to day basis if you join us?
- Building and configuring equipment prior to installation
- Installing equipment at data centres and customer sites
- Providing end user, post implementation hand overs when required
- Recording all works completed
- Providing technical support by addressing queries (via phone and email)
- Remotely diagnose and fix issues, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Providing feedback to the Project Manager regarding specific installations and client issues
- Providing recommendations for network/systems improvements
This is an excellent position to grow your IT career. To be successful in this position however it's important that you can demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting skills as well as simple installation of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows XP to Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting skills as well as simple installation of Microsoft server operating systems (2008-2012R2)
- Installation of Microsoft Office products
- An understanding and basic administration of users and computers in Microsoft Active Directory
- Troubleshooting skills as well as installation of Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware products
- PC & Server hardware commissioning
- PC hardware troubleshooting
Although not essential, it would be advantageous if you offer knowledge of administering Microsoft SQL and Exchange Server products; Office 365 services and any basic Linux skills would be welcomed, as would VMWare/Hyper-V experience.
You'll be an individual that takes pride in their work, enjoy seeing problems through to resolution and someone that communicates effectively with colleagues and customers. It's important you are physically fit as the role can involve some manual handling.
A car owner with full license is also essential.
If this sounds like the type of role that you want to get involved with, and you have the desire to continue your professional development, you'll be rewarded with a competitive package which includes private health insurance, free parking and pension.